Each time you full a exercise out of your Apple Watch, your train knowledge mechanically syncs to your iPhone Health and Heath app. However for some customers, their paired iPhone doesn’t present Apple Watch exercises.
This concern has additionally affected the entire standing hours of some customers and even some third-party apps that use the HR function on Apple Watch, similar to AutoSleep.
So in case your iPhone Health or Well being app isn’t exhibiting Apple Watch exercises, observe these steps to repair the issue.
Step 1: Examine motion and health settings
The very first thing you have to examine is the Movement & Health settings in your iPhone and Apple Watch. If this setting has been disabled, this might be the explanation why you’re having this concern.
- In your iPhone, open the Settings app and choose Privateness.
- Scroll down and click on Motion and health.
- On this tab, make certain health monitoring and Well being are on.
- Additionally, you should definitely activate every other third-party well being apps you utilize.
As soon as you’ve got completed that, let’s examine if these settings are enabled on your Apple Watch
- Open the Apple Watch app in your iPhone. Ensure you are within the My watch tongue.
- Scroll down and choose Privateness.
- Examine if health monitoring is on, in any other case flip the change.
Step 2: Shut Apple Watch apps
In case your settings are right, then you need to shut the Apple Watch apps which are having the issue.
Once you give up an app in your Apple Watch (or every other Apple machine), it is nonetheless working within the background, by no means leaving it fully closed.
However to fully shut an app in your Apple Watch, observe these steps
- Press the watch aspect button.
- This could convey up all working apps.
- Discover the app you need to shut, just like the Health app on this instance, and swipe the tab to the left to disclose a crimson X.
- Faucet the crimson X and it ought to do it!
Step 3: Reset Apple Watch sync knowledge
So that you checked your settings and closed your Apple Watch apps, however issues nonetheless are not working correctly. The following step you need to take is to reset your Apple Watch sync knowledge.
- To do that, open the Apple Watch app in your iPhone and ensure you are within the My watch tongue.
- Choose Common and scroll to Reset.
- Faucet it, and on the backside you need to see Reset sync knowledge.
This quickly erases all of your contacts and calendar knowledge out of your Apple Watch. When you sync your machine again to your iPhone, the whole lot must be again.
Step 4: Restart the gadgets
After following the earlier steps, you have to restart your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
Everytime you encounter an issue on one in every of your gadgets, your finest wager is to restart your machine. More often than not, a reboot often fixes the issue.
Restart Apple Watch
To restart your Apple Watch, press and maintain the aspect button and slide the ability off button.
When restarting your Apple Watch, you have to flip off your machine for a minute or two after which flip it again on.
If that does not work, you need to attempt to power restart your Apple Watch.
Restart your Apple Watch (power restart)
If a restart did not work, strive forcing your Apple Watch to restart, often known as a tough restart.
Concurrently press and maintain the aspect button and the digital crown till the Apple brand seems in your watch display.
This course of often takes about 15 seconds, however can take as much as 20 seconds (and perhaps even longer).
Restart the iPhone
You must also strive restarting your iPhone. To restart your iPhone, press and maintain both quantity button and aspect energy button till the ability off slider seems.
When restarting your iPhone, you have to flip off your machine for a minute or two after which flip it again on.
Step 5: Unpair and re-pair Apple Watch
In the event you’re nonetheless having bother, you need to strive unpairing your Apple Watch out of your iPhone and pairing it once more.
- To unpair your Apple Watchgo to the Watch app and choose All watches.
- Faucet the info icon “i” subsequent to your watch.
- You then click on on Unpair Apple Watch.
After that, you may need to pair your Apple Watch together with your iPhone once more.
Issues to remember
This bug tends to be fairly frequent. I do know I had the same drawback with these celebration apps, particularly with AutoSleep.
Whereas there is not any solution to stop the issue from occurring within the first place, these troubleshooting ideas will assist alleviate the issue.
Understand that you won’t be able to get well misplaced knowledge. As a substitute, the purpose is to stop the issue from taking place once more sooner or later.